Meet the Team: Fabiola Rangel
Fabiola is one of the amazing Graphic Designers at Braintrust in Las Vegas. While soft-spoken in person, she speaks loudly with her bold work for a variety of clients. Always happy to discuss her favorite movies or favorite cat, Fabi brings an infectious smile to the BTLV office every day. Let’s meet her!
Who are you and what do you do at BT?
My name is Fabiola and I’m originally from Mexico City.
I’m a graphic designer at Braintrust and I communicate ideas to the world in a visual form.
What are some life highlights that brought you to be a graphic designer and to Braintrust?
Even since I was a kid in the ’90s, I grew up when the internet was beginning. I loved exploring new programs and discovering new things.
My big inspiration to be a graphic designer was my uncle. He would draw, make, print, and sell his own designs. I got hired by him at 13 years old (my first job) to help him and I had to learn Corel draw at that time.
Unfortunately, he couldn’t continue with this dream due to an illness, and he passed away when he was only 36 years old 🙁
I found out about Braintrust because a friend that used to work here recommended me. She said good things about the company, and overall there are a variation of projects, life balance, and the environment feels like a family.
What is your favorite project you have worked on at Braintrust?
Working at Braintrust has challenged and made me grow. This is the place where I have learned to make animations in after effects.
One of my favorite projects is one of the Holiday Contest for The Gallivant. I loved the social team’s idea and I was able to bring this to life!
What keeps you sane at the office on long, busy days?
Definitely, I have a lot of things for this one:
- Working out in the morning gives a lot of energy to start off my day right.
- Listening to music that makes me happy or active like salsa, reggeaton, bachata, merengue, etc.
- Having a cup of green tea.
- Having a walk in the middle of the day.
- Meditating for at least 5 min. before going to bed.
How do you unwind after that long, busy day?
- Spending time with my sister and cat Artemius.
- Reading some books
- Watching Netflix
- Going for another walk
Any words of inspiration for kids that want to grow up to be graphic designers?
Keep doing what you are doing. You will see big progress and you will feel proud of what you have achieved.
In this industry, you will continue to learn and challenge yourself. Travel as far as you can and get inspired.
Try new things. Dare yourself to create that crazy new design you want. Sometimes we don’t try new things because we are afraid of criticism or that it won’t work. If it works, congratulations. If not, you just have learned experience and that is more important and valuable.
What are the sources for you to get inspired in life?
- My cat
- Learn new things
- Favorite Musician/Band?
- In Spanish: Alejandro Sanz
- In English: Cut Copy
- Favorite Movie? L’auberge Spagnole and Life of Pi
- Favorite TV Show? Narcos and Love
- Favorite Book? 4-Agreements
- Favorite Pokemon? Meowth
- Favorite Food? Mexican and Thai
- Favorite source of caffeine? Green tea
- What Harry Potter house are you in? *redacted*
- If you could be any kind of animal, what would you be?
- A cat, because they are cute, intelligent, independent, selective, playful, interesting.
- A monkey, because they are intelligent, playful, daring, agile, funny.
- Dream vacation location? India
- If you could instantly be an expert in one thing, what would it be? Healthy living