Meet the Team: Anna Staursky
Who are you and what do you do at BT?
Hello! My name is Anna Staursky and I’m the Senior Media Planner and Buyer for Braintrust. I get to work with a lot of different media partners and find creative and new ways to get the most impact for our clients.
What are some life highlights that brought you to Braintrust?
I remember watching Mad Men in college and there’s an episode where Peggy is cleaning up after a lipstick product test. She holds out the waste basket holding discarded tissues and offers them as a “basket full of kisses”.
What is your favorite project you have worked on at Braintrust?
The Pahrump Balloon festival has been my favorite project. We promoted the festival on local radio stations to bring people out to see a truly spectacular scene of huge, brightly colored balloons. I was lucky enough to take a ride in one and saw the sun come up over the mountains – it was so calm and beautiful!
What keeps you sane at the office on long, busy days?
My space heater. I’m cold almost all of the time, so if I’m hunkering down for a long, busy day I need to be warm! It also has a very nice white noise sound to it that really helps me focus.
How do you unwind after that long, busy day?
A long, busy day for me probably touches on all different aspects of my role. It’s fun to have variation, but when the perfect storm brews and they all collide, it can be exhausting! My favorite way to unwind after a day like this is to spend some time outside (go for a walk, play some disc golf), take a nice, steamy shower, do some stretches, and then watch a movie or read a book.
Any words of inspiration for kids that want to grow up and work at an agency in Media Planning?
Stay curious and give things a try. There is always something to learn about advertising, new trends in the market, and different ways of reaching people. Staying curious and being willing to try new things!
Do you have a favorite word? What is it and why?
Yes – “muffin(s)”! I love the double F sound. It’s fun to say and I also love a good muffin (pistachio’s my favorite!)
- Favorite Musician/Band? Kanye West / John Mayer / Iration
- Favorite Movie? When Harry Met Sally
- Favorite TV Show? Ask me at any time and the answer to this question will change, but recently I really enjoyed watching “Upload” on Amazon.
- If you could live in a sitcom, what would it be? Cheers
- Favorite Book? Pride and Prejudice – I’ve read this book probably a hundred times
- Favorite Pokemon? Snorlax
- Favorite Food? Steak
- Favorite source of caffeine? Coffee – specifically a nitro cold brew
- What Harry Potter house are you in? Gryffindor
- If you could be any kind of animal, what would you be? I would be my friend’s dog, Chloe. She naps whenever she likes, has treats galore, and humans that adore her. Hakuna Matata!
- Dream vacation location? Dubrovnik, Croatia
- If you could instantly be an expert in one thing, what would it be? Languages
Visit Anna’s team page to learn more about her!