Meet the Team: Troy Gallo
Who are you and what do you do at BT?
Troy Gallo. Senior Copywriter & Brand Strategist. Basically, I’m responsible for the words, ideas, and business strategies of our clients.
What are some life highlights that brought you to be a senior copywriter/brand strategist and to Braintrust?
My love for advertising came in a Copywriting class at UNLV. Since then, I’ve worked directly, or indirectly, with every department in the game; Account Management, Creative, Branding, New Business, Digital Marketing, and even Software Development. That could be viewed as chaotic to some companies, but at Braintrust, it was a virtue. I was able to use my diverse background to offer our clients a unique way to communicate their brand and their services. Now, every idea we present has a little bit of everything baked in – just like me.
What is your favorite project you have worked on at Braintrust?
It’s a tie between the website revamp we did for Destinations By Design and the brand work we completed for Blue Heron. Both are amazing clients with strong community ties and have such an inspiring staff. For DBD, we completely transformed their website from an eye-sore to an eye-catching experience. For Blue Heron, we reformed their brand identity into an internal and external call-to-arms. Both are amazing examples of the incredible quality of our work and our process.
What keeps you sane at the office on long, busy days?
Simple. I’m in love with what I do and where I do it.
What inspires you in work and in life?
In work, it’s finding the sweet spot. Discovering the “light bulb” moment when everything makes sense and the puzzle piece fits perfectly. It could be a headline, a strategy, a color choice for a logo. Anything, really. When you locate the answer and you can’t wait to tell share it with someone. I live for that feeling.
In life, it’s everything that’s in my life. My son. My sister and mother. My house. My drive to work. Life is overflowing with inspiration and if you pay attention, you’ll always be inspired. So, I make sure that I am.
How do you unwind after that long, busy day?
Music. Before, during, and after work, music is 1,000% mandatory.
Any words of inspiration for kids that want to grow up to be senior copywriter/brand strategists?
Haha! I’d love to meet these children. My advice to anyone who enters the world of advertising would be to trust yourself and your ability. But for those people that love words and strategies, I’d say to find your voice first, and then find ways to focus it on a project or client. Oh, and always think of the customer; they’re all that matters.
Do you have any pets? If yes, what kind and what are their names?
At the moment, no. I may get another cat. I had one named Tipsy a while ago.
This is the only agency where ideas, and people, grow organically and intelligently.
- Favorite Musician/Band? Stevie Wonder / James Brown / Kaytranada
- Favorite Movie? 3-way tie: Pulp Fiction, Goodfellas, Shawshank Redemption
- Favorite TV Show? In Living Color. Timeless comedy.
- If you could live in a sitcom, what would it be? Atlanta. Earn is basically me, per my niece.
- Favorite Book? David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell.
- Favorite Pokemon? Squirtle
- Favorite Food? Bone-in Filet or aged Ribeye (medium rare because of course).
- Favorite source of caffeine? Coffee but also blueberry Red Bull.
- What Harry Potter house are you in? I only know of three but I’d say Hufflepuff because it’s the best name, by far.
- If you could be any kind of animal, what would you be? Eagle. Intimidating and gorgeous. Plus flying.
- Dream vacation location? Bora Bora. Obvious reasons.
- If you could instantly be an expert in one thing, what would it be? Piano. Universal language and instant respect.
Visit Troy’s team page to learn more about him!