1. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
“Personal Information” means information that is about any individual, or from which any individual is directly or indirectly identifiable, including but not limited to: name, postal address, telephone number, email address.
- Information You Provide.We may receive and store information you enter. For example, when you submit a Contact Us form, or apply for an employment position, or when you supply information such as your address, phone number or email address. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features or receive a reply. We use the information that you provide for purposes such as responding to your requests, customizing future services for you, improving our website, and communicating with you.
- We may collect or obtain Personal Information about you: directly from you (e.g., where you contact us); in the course of our relationship with you (e.g., if you make a purchase); when you make your Personal Information public (e.g., if you make a public post about BRAINTRUST on social media); should you download content from our site; when you request information; and/or through social networking sites. We may also create Personal Information about you, such as records of your interactions with us, such as in a Customer Relationship Management tool.
2. How Do We Use Your Information?
- Customized Experience.We use your Personal Information to better serve you by providing a customized experience. As noted above, you may “opt-out” of this customization, or even visit anonymously. However, if you do not provide the data we request, we may not be able to provide you with the requested services.
- Agents and Service Providers.We may employ other companies (as agents, service providers, and/or third party business partners) and individuals to perform functions on our behalf and enhance your experience with our company. Examples include delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, providing customer service, processing payments, including credit card payments. Our agents, service providers, and third-party business partners may have access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes
- Special Offers, Seasonal Communications or Information.We may send you special offers from time to time, unless you choose to “opt-out” of receiving such offers. In addition, we may also send you seasonal communications, such as Holiday Greeting Messages, or a Company e-newsletter. Again, you may “opt-out”. If we send you offers from other businesses or partners, we do not share your personal information with them. The offers come directly through us. Please see the “opt-out” selection at the end of this policy.
- Business Transfers.As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that we are acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- Law Enforcement.If we receive a lawful court order to release account or other Personal Information, then we will comply with the law. We will also release information when necessary to protect the life, safety or property of others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We take every reasonable step to ensure that your Personal Information is only retained for as long as it is needed.
3. How Do We Protect the Security of Your Information?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We use encryption to protect your information contained in our customer list.
- We use a firewall to protect against unlawful intrusion.
- We limit access to your Personal Information on a “need to know” basis..
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- No system can guarantee absolute security, just as the finest lock cannot guarantee physical security. However, we take every reasonable precaution to assure that your data is secure.
4. Your Choice: Opt-out.
It is your choice whether to receive emails, newsletters, online behavioral advertising or special offers (“Marketing”) from us. The following section provides you with this choice. Please note the default settings. To opt-out from receiving Marketing please send an email email@example.com and specify as follows:
- Subject line: Opt-Out Marketing
- In the body of the email please include:
- Your full name,
- The email address where you received the special offer or advertising emails, and;
- Your opt-out request, for example:
- Please do not send me email or other mail informing me of special offers of your products or services.
- EU Residents. GDPR provides certain rights for EU residents. You may decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide some of the features and functionality of the website. These rights include, in accordance with applicable law, the right to object to or request the restriction of processing of your Personal Information, and to request access to, rectification, erasure and portability of your own information. Where we process your Personal Information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent (noting that such withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of any collection performed prior to the date on which we receive notice of such withdrawal, and does not prevent the Processing of your Personal Information in reliance upon any other available legal bases). Requests to withdraw your consent should be submitted by contacting us using the contact instructions specified below. We retain your Personal Information for the time necessary to accomplish the purpose for which such information was collected. You have the right to ask us to confirm whether we are processing your Personal Information, receive information on how your data is processed, obtain a copy of your Personal Information, request that we update or correct your Personal Information, and request that we delete Personal Information in certain circumstances by contacting us using the contact instructions specified below. If you are an EU resident and have any unresolved privacy concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily after contacting us, you have the right to contact the appropriate EU Supervisory Authority and lodge a complaint.
If the GDPR applies to you as an EU resident and you have a request that relates to your Personal Information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify as follows:
- Subject line: GDPR
- In the body of the email please include:
- Your full name,
- The email address currently receiving special offer or advertising email, and;
- Your request related to your Personal Information, for example:
- I withdrawal my consent to process and use my Personal Information;
- Please provide information on how my Personal Information is processed; Please provide a copy of my Personal Information;
- Please correct my personal information [and specify the correction needed]; or Please delete my Personal Information.
We do not sell products or services to children. If you are under 18, you may use this site only with involvement of a parent or guardian. We request that no minors provide us with Personal Information.
6. Non-related Entities and Other Websites
In addition, we are not responsible for the data collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Data you disclose to other organizations through or the Apps or our Social Media Pages.