Las Vegas, NV
We believe bold brains build bold brands. Braintrust is a diverse, passionate and experienced group of people who transform business with ideas that are fueled by creativity and driven by data, knowledge and street smarts. We are seeking a writer to join our Las Vegas team full of passionate people hungry to change the advertising and branding landscape.
We are looking for a writer who loves the challenge of concepting ideas for every medium. Whether it’s print, social, video or activations, it’s important to us. We seek someone who can see more than what is obvious and find insights that others might not. Someone who studies trends and also makes them. A person who has a passion for solving clients’ challenges and helping them get to the next level. Whether it’s a short social post or an in-depth native article, we want someone that knows how to make people react to what they type. We want someone obsessed with words and uses them to create compelling stories.
We are looking for a writer who cannot only concept and craft copy but can also position brands, especially in the hospitality space.
- 1-3 years of experience writing for a specific purpose or need (preferably with an ad agency or in the hospitality, travel and tourism space).
- A strong background of conceptual thinking and campaign understanding.
- Ability to write anything from long-form website content to short, snippy headlines, scripts, and 140 characters of Internet gold.
- Presentation skills and the comfort level necessary to discuss your ideas with a client.
- The mindset to take a brand perspective and see your copy as part of a larger voice for a client and not just a one-off piece.
- A strong desire to compete, with not only yourself, but also others within the industry.
We’ll be asking you to:
- Write headlines, body copy and long form, original content for various brands.
- Become our in-house grammar guardian and demonstrate an extreme attention to detail in all that you write and read.
- Create original, meaningful, and effective concepts for all advertising platforms.
- Collaborate and function effectively in a high-volume, fast-paced environment with quick turnarounds and high expectations.
- Develop new brand voices or maintain existing voices in the work you do.
- Work in a team environment with passion and aptitude for creativity.
- Ideate for multiple clients within multiple industries with multiple minds.
- Communicate and present your ideas with vigor and fervor to both coworkers and clients.
- Be self-motivated, organized, and devoted to your craft and your work.
- Provide us with your writing samples, ad concepts, social posts, articles, blogs, funny memos or manifestos that you’ve penned.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the local and national advertising landscape and apply it to your tasks when applicable.
Founded in 2006, BRAINTRUST is a full-service marketing agency that offers advertising, marketing, online, public relations and creative design services. We are a team of creative, dynamic and experienced marketing professionals that specialize in hospitality and lifestyle marketing. We represent a forward-thinking agency that combines traditional marketing tactics, business savvy and emerging technologies to create bottom-line oriented marketing solutions for its clients.
****For employment consideration, please send us a link to your portfolio. We’re looking for work that is smart and memorable. ***
This is a challenging and rewarding position with a company that offers a competitive salary, medical, dental and 401k benefits. Braintrust is an equal opportunity employer.