Braintrust (www.braintrustagency.com) a dynamic, award-winning integrated agency is seeking a Public Relations Coordinator to assist with PR activations in the government, hospitality and tourism sectors.
This individual will be responsible for assisting the PR Department in the development, execution and maintenance of PR strategies and tactics to meet client objectives.
Specifically, this position:
- Coordinates public relations activities for multiple clients at the direction of the PR Director.
- Demands superior writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as someone who genuinely loves to write as writing will be a major function of the position.
- Requires the ability to create PR materials (press releases, media alerts, call sheets, calendar listings, bios, speaking points etc.) and synthesize information quickly and accurately.
- Requires the ability to research and create compelling story angles for media pitches.
- Assists with compiling news clippings and creating monthly PR reports for clients.
- Assists with developing annual communications / PR plans and pitch calendars in conjunction with clients.
- Organizes and maintains files for PR department and PR assets for clients (photos, b-roll, fact sheets, releases, etc.,).
The successful candidate will have:
- 1-3 years of experience in the public relations industry or journalism field.
- A passion for writing and a strong command of the English language both written and orally.
- A serious interest in and passion for PR—this is what you want to do long-term.
- Knowledge of AP style and style guide.
- Experience in working in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environments.
- Existing relationships with the Las Vegas media.
- Existing relationships with key regional and national media (Los Angeles and New York in particular).
- A love of news, the media and current events and a fearless spirit when it comes to pitching media.
- Strong knowledge of Cision media management platforms.
- Experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining PR strategies to meet objectives.
- An innovative outlook on public relations and how it can be used to drive business success for our client partners.
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking and time-management skills.
- Knowledge of Social Media practices and platforms.
- Degree in Public Relations, Journalism/Media Studies or English.
To be considered, please include cover letter, resume, three professional references and three writing samples (press releases, articles or pitch letters) with your application.
This is a challenging and rewarding position with a company that offers a competitive salary, plus complete health, dental and optical and 401k benefits as well as a positive working environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. This is a full-time position based in Las Vegas.
Sound like you?