BRAINTRUST is an integrated agency that specializes in building brands in the travel and hospitality industry. We are a carefully crafted collective of creators who are passionate about our skills and eager to apply it to our everyday life. We’re different, yet tactful. Courageous in thought and swift in delivery. BRAINTRUST is home to award-winning content and innovative ideas. We get it, and we get it done. www.braintrustagency.com
What We’re Looking For
A passionate, experienced leader to head up our Social Media department that spans our offices in New York and Las Vegas. Managing a team of social media specialists, the director will oversee comprehensive social media campaigns that include content strategy, influencer marketing, and contesting. An experienced leader to guide and direct our team of social media coordinators and specialist. Providing oversight, leadership and growth to junior staff, and create and implement department SOPs, training and education.
Additionally, this role will require frequent concepting and ideation for unique partnerships and creative activations, and the ability to work across account services, social media and public relations teams to execute these activations.
The director will also oversee budgets for paid social media campaigns, boosted posts, and other paid social media initiatives, and work with a graphic design team to ensure assets and imagery for social media advertising are created successfully.
Our ideal Social Media Director is a hybrid thinker that lives and breathes all things social media, and can bring ideas to life by overseeing content, tone and voice, art direction, and posting cadence across all major social media platforms.
The director will also oversee the reporting process for weekly or monthly reporting on core KPIs for a multitude of social media campaigns, usually but not always, supporting clients in the travel and hospitality space.
In this role, the director will have frequent interaction with clients, so strong communication skills are a must. There will be some domestic U.S. travel required.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications or related field.
- 8-10 years social media experience. Agency experience preferred, but not required.
- Extensive knowledge of social media.
- Experience leading and directing a team.
- Ability to spot trends in art, music, food, fashion, and pop culture.
- Strong brainstorming skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of social reporting, scheduling and data-driven tools.
- Experience with the execution of content calendars, influencer outreach, campaign execution and management.
- Familiarity in the paid social landscape with working knowledge of Facebook for Business.
- Brilliant time management and organizational skills.
- Willingness to work in a collaborative, flexible and team-orientated environment.
This is a challenging and rewarding position with a rapidly growing regional agency. We are an equal opportunity employer, and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages including health, dental, vision insurance, 401k with employer match.
This is a full-time position located in Midtown Manhattan in New York, NY.
Sound like you?